|Independent||Trust Board||Audit Committee of the Trust Board||GP Board||Audit Committee of the GP Board||Governance, Compensation & Environmental Committee|
|Michael J. Cooper||Member|
The Trust Board and GP Board believe that their committees assist in the effective functioning of the Boards and help ensure that the views of Independent Trustees & Directors* are effectively represented.
The Board have established three committees:
- Audit Committee of the Trust Board;
- Audit Committee of the GP Board; and
- Governance, Compensation and Environmental Committee.
Independent Trustee or Director
A Trustee or Director that is independent within the meaning of NI 58–101. An Independent Trustee or Director is one who is not an employee or executive officer of Dream and who is free from any direct or indirect relationship which could, in the view of the Board, be reasonably expected to interfere with independent judgment.
Read more about our Committees
Dream Alternatives Trust is committed to sound and effective corporate governance. Our goal is to not only meet the requirements established by securities laws and regulators but to also uphold the spirit of ‘good corporate governance.’
Real more about our Charters, Policies & Declaration of Trust
We believe sustainability isn’t an option, it’s a necessity. Therefore, it is our responsibility to work in a way that is sustainable for the environment, our employees, and our company.
When it comes to sustainability, we are focused on three areas:
We are pleased to present the latest sustainability information from our 2017 annual report here
Sustainability is a focus of our business strategy, in this report you will read many examples of how we are building better communities, such as:
- Initiatives that are saving energy, water and reducing landfill waste at Dream properties across the country
- Collaborative endeavors aimed at moving our entire industry forward through partnerships with organizations such as Women’s College Hospital, Right to Play and the Shoebox Project, just to name a few.
- Investments into sustainable projects that will strengthen and enhance the communities that we operate in and serve
We view our Corporate Sustainability Report as an opportunity to highlight our commitment to our key stakeholder groups. For investors, it means greater transparency. For tenants, it means working together to help them succeed. For employees, it means strengthening our concept of the “Dream family.” And for communities, it means building better spaces that serve the communities’ needs.