Dream Global REIT is an unincorporated, open-ended real estate investment trust that provides the opportunity to invest in commercial real estate outside of Canada.
With a diversified, growth-oriented portfolio of commercial properties, we aim to provide investors with stable, sustainable and growing cash flows. We invest in markets with a stable business and operating environment, a liquid market for real estate investments, a legal framework that provides adequate rights and protections for property owners and a manageable foreign investment regime.
Dream Global REIT enables investors to diversify their holdings, as Canada’s major pension plans and other large institutional investors have done, by incorporating international commercial real estate into their portfolios. At the same time, investors have the benefit of a well-managed REIT and a proven management team.
We are committed to:
- creating better communities to work in;
- managing our investments to provide stable, sustainable and growing cash flows through investments in commercial real estate located outside of Canada. With the exception of one asset located in Vienna, Austria, all assets are currently located in Germany.
- building a diversified, growth-oriented portfolio of commercial properties;
- capitalizing on internal growth and seeking accretive acquisition opportunities in our target markets;
- growing the value of our assets and maximizing the long-term value of our Units through the active and efficient management of our assets; and
- providing predictable cash distributions per unit, on a tax-efficient basis.
Dream Global REIT’s core strategy is to invest in income-producing properties outside of Canada that provide stable, sustainable and growing cash flows by:
- optimizing the performance, value and cash flow of our portfolio;
- diversifying our portfolio to mitigate risk;
- investing in stable income-producing properties outside of Canada; and
- maintaining and strengthening our conservative financial profile.
Dream Global REIT is managed by Dream Asset Management Corporation, one of Canada’s leading real estate companies with over 1,000 employees and approximately $15 billion of assets under management in North America and Europe.
Dream provides asset management services for four TSX listed funds:
Dream Office REIT – Canada’s largest office REIT;
Dream Global REIT – the first Canadian REIT to invest exclusively outside Canada;
Dream Industrial REIT – Canada’s largest pure-play industrial REIT; and
Dream Alternatives Trust – providing investors the opportunity to access hard asset alternative investments.
Dream’s operating businesses include:
Homes by Dream – an award winning home and condominium developer;
Dream Development – Canada’s largest residential developer with ~10,000 acres of land;
Dream Centres – focused on developing retail shopping destinations in our residential communities; and
Renewable Power – we invest in renewable energy infrastructure.
For a complete overview please see our Dream Brochure.
Our team is made up of the industry’s smartest, most dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced real estate investment, management and financial professionals that have a proven track record of creating value.
Dream Global REIT is committed to sound and effective corporate governance. Our goal is to not only meet the requirements established by securities laws and regulators but also to uphold the spirit of “good corporate governance” and we always strive to communicate in an open, honest and transparent manner.
Our board of trustees is made up of highly experienced, dedicated and knowledgeable professionals who each have expertise in all key areas of Dream’s businesses. Our board currently consists of 8 members:
|Independent||Audit Committee||Governance, Compensation & Environmental Committee||Executive Committee|
|Dr. R. Sacha Bhatia||Y||Chair|
|Michael J. Cooper||Chair|
|P. Jane Gavan||Member|
|J. Michael Knowlton||Y||Member|
Read more about our Board of Trustees
Dream Global REIT’s Committees assist in the effective functioning of the Board and help ensure that the views of Independent Trustees* are effectively represented.
The Board has established three committees:
- Audit Committee;
- Governance, Compensation and Environmental Committee; and
- Executive Committee.
A Trustee that is independent within the meaning of NI 58–101. An Independent Trustee is one who is not an employee or executive officer of Dream Global REIT and who is free from any direct or indirect relationship which could, in the view of the Board, be reasonably expected to interfere with independent judgment.
Read more about our Committees
Dream Global REIT is committed to sound and effective corporate governance. Our goal is to not only meet the requirements established by securities laws and regulators but to also uphold the spirit of ‘good corporate governance.’
Read more about our Charters & Policies