Dream Alternatives Trust is a mutual fund trust focused on hard asset alternative investments including real estate, real estate lending and infrastructure, including renewable power.
Our objectives are to:
- provide an opportunity for Unitholders to invest in hard asset alternative investments, including real estate, real estate loans, and infrastructure, including renewable power, managed by an experienced team with a successful track record in these areas;
- build and maintain a growth-oriented portfolio;
- provide predictable and sustainable cash distributions to Unitholders on a tax efficient basis; and
- grow and re-position the portfolio to increase the annualized adjusted funds available for distribution (“AFAD”) return on total investment and provide the opportunity to increase distributions to Unitholders over time.
Dream intends to continue to reposition the portfolio consistent with what it believes provides attractive risk-adjusted returns from a diversified portfolio of hard asset investments in income properties, traditional real estate loans, development loans and equity infrastructure, including renewable power. Please visit the Investment Sectors section for details on our Trust and portfolio strategies.
The Trust is managed by Dream Asset Management Corp., an innovative real estate manager and developer primarily focused on the commercial and residential sectors in Canada and Germany and renewable power infrastructure in Canada.
The Trust’s operating segments currently consist of the following:
- income properties – a portfolio of co-owned office and retail commercial real estate properties in Canada;
- lending portfolio – interest paying mortgages and corporate loans;
- development and investment holdings – participating mortgages receivable and indirect investments in income producing properties;
- renewable power – operational solar power projects, solar power projects under development and a wind power project under development; and
- cash and short-term investments.
Dream Alternatives Trust is managed by Dream Asset Management Corporation one of Canada’s leading real estate companies with ~800 employees and approximately $14.0 billion of assets under management in North America and Europe.
Dream provides asset management services for four TSX listed funds:
Dream Office REIT – Canadian office REIT;
Dream Global REIT – the first Canadian REIT to invest exclusively outside of Canada;
Dream Industrial REIT – Canada’s largest pure-play industrial REIT; and
Dream Alternatives Trust – providing investors the opportunity to access hard asset alternative investments.
Dream’s operating businesses include:
Homes by Dream – an award-winning home and condominium developer;
Dream Development – Canada’s largest residential developer with ~10,000 acres of land;
Dream Centres – focused on developing retail shopping destinations in our residential communities; and
Renewable Power – we invest in renewable energy infrastructure.
For a complete overview of the asset manager, please see our Dream brochure.
Dream’s asset management team is made up of the industry’s smartest, most dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced real estate investment, asset management and financial professionals that have a proven track record of creating value.
Listed below are some of the senior members of the team who are involved in providing the Trust with asset management services: