Dream Global REIT is an owner-operator of a diversified high-quality portfolio of predominantly office and industrial properties. The properties are located in markets with strong operating fundamentals primarily in Germany and the Netherlands.
Through active asset management, accretive acquisitions, disciplined capital allocation, and with a clear focus on long-term sustainability, innovation, and exceptional customer service, we have positioned ourselves as one of Europe’s top real estate companies.
Our properties are managed in-house by a fully integrated property and asset management platform employing over 140 professionals in 13 offices across Europe. Our Units are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbol DRG.UN and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the trading symbol DRG, with Bloomberg tickers DRG.UN:CN and DRG:GR, respectively.
We are committed to:
- owning and operating a high-quality portfolio of office and industrial assets in markets with strong operating fundamentals in Western Europe;
- providing compelling total returns to our unitholders anchored by sustainable cash distributions;
- maximizing the value of our assets through innovative asset management activities;
- enriching the day-to-day experience of our customers in our buildings;
- creating communities where people want to work and are happy, healthy and successful; and
- integrating sustainability at the corporate and property level.
We are focused on:
- Creating a Pan-European Platform of office and industrial assets in core countries in Western Europe with superior economic and occupier market fundamentals. Our target markets include the Big 7 markets in Germany, G5 markets in the Netherlands, strong secondary markets in Germany, and other major markets offering compelling risk-adjusted returns.
- Asset Management and Development and driving organic NOI and NAV growth by executing opportunities to add value through active and innovative asset management. In our Core/Core+ portfolio, our key areas of focus are on investing capital in upgrading our assets and capturing maximum rental upside, achieving high levels of customer experience, and ensuring our assets stay full across all cycles. In our Value-add portfolio, we are focused on driving occupancy levels and increasing NOI primarily through lease up of vacancy and repositioning projects. Our Redevelopment portfolio’s focus is on delivering the intensification and development potential of our existing “land bank” consisting of approximately 213,000 square meters.
- Portfolio Optimization by maintaining a balanced portfolio of Core/Core+ and Value-add assets in our target markets while continuing to high-grade the portfolio. We are constantly refreshing the portfolio by recycling capital out of Non-core assets into higher quality properties. We maintain a robust acquisition pipeline and actively pursue compelling investments in our target markets, offering opportunities to add value through our management.
- Maintaining a Conservative Financial Policy supported by access to diversified sources of equity and debt capital. We are targeting an improvement in the current credit rating in the medium term. While maintaining leverage in the low-40s range, we are looking to further improve our flexibility by increasing the pool of unencumbered assets. This provides us with “dry powder” to execute on compelling opportunities.
- Environmental, Social and Governance practices that integrate sustainable building technology in our portfolio along with policies that promote positive impact on the environmental footprint in the countries we operate in; encourage employee engagement, strive to improve their well-being, and are committed to their personal and professional development; and promote sound and effective corporate governance practices in the day-to-day decisions and actions of our business.
Our team is made up of the industry’s smartest, most dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced real estate investment, management and financial professionals that have a proven track record of creating value.
Ms. Jane Gavan is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Dream Global REIT with more than 29 years of experience in the real estate industry. She is also President, Asset Management of Dream. Ms. Gavan previously served as Chief Executive Officer of Dream Office REIT. Since joining Dream in 1998, Ms. Gavan has played a key role in numerous transactions including the acquisition of Lehndorff Properties, the 2003 business restructuring that resulted in the creation of Dream Office REIT, Dream Office REIT’s $2.3 billion portfolio sale to GE Real Estate, and the initial public offering of Dream Global REIT. Prior to joining Dream, Ms. Gavan served as legal counsel for numerous companies including Oxford Properties Group, and Denison Mines Corp., and began her career in private law practice with Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, specializing in real estate and corporate finance. She earned an Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree from Carleton University and a Bachelor of Laws degree from Osgoode Hall, York University. Ms. Gavan currently sits on the board of directors of Dream Unlimited Corp., Dream Office REIT, Dream Global REIT, and is on the Patron's Council for Community Living Toronto.
Mr. Rajeev Viswanathan is the Chief Financial Officer of Dream Global REIT and has 18 years of corporate finance, treasury, financial planning, information technology and reporting experience. Rajeev was previously the Chief Financial Officer of Dream Office REIT. Prior to joining Dream, Rajeev was Senior Vice President, Finance at Brookfield Asset Management. Mr. Viswanathan is a Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant and a Chartered Financial Analyst, beginning his professional career at Ernst & Young LLP. Mr. Viswanathan also holds a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Mathematics degree from the University of Waterloo.
Mr. Alexander Sannikov was appointed as the Chief Operating Officer for Dream Global REIT at the end of 2018. In this role Mr. Sannikov will have oversight of the operating performance of Dream Global REIT's properties, and portfolio strategy as well as capital allocation. Prior to this role Mr. Sannikov was Senior Vice President, Commercial Properties, responsible for portfolio management for Dream Global REIT. Previously, Mr. Sannikov oversaw investment analysis and due diligence for all acquisitions completed by Dream Global REIT. Mr. Sannikov joined Dream in 2008 and has held various positions in areas of research and analysis, acquisitions and investments. Prior to joining Dream, Mr. Sannikov was with American Appraisal in Moscow, Russia. He holds a Bachelor of Applied Mathematics degree from the Moscow State University and a Master of Finance degree from the University of Toronto.
Mr. Bruce Traversy is the Head of Investments of Dream Global REIT and has over 28 years of experience in the real estate industry. Since joining Dream in 1997, Mr. Traversy’s past functional responsibilities have included research and analysis, investor relations, asset management and Canadian commercial property investments. Since 2003, Mr. Traversy has played a key role in significant property acquisitions and dispositions on behalf of clients including Dream Office REIT, Dream Industrial REIT and Dream Global REIT. Prior to joining Dream, Mr. Traversy was a senior consultant with an international property advisory firm. Mr. Traversy earned an Honours Bachelors of Arts degree in urban development from the University of Western Ontario.
Mr. Michael Schwöbel is Managing Director of Dream Global Advisors, Dream Global REIT’s asset management platform in Europe. As Head of Real Estate of Dream Global REIT, Mr. Schwöbel oversees all Real Estate advisory services in Germany, Austria and Belgium including leasing, operations, dispositions, asset strategy, repositioning, value add initiatives and developments. Prior to joining Dream in September 2012, Mr. Schwöbel was Head of Leasing, Germany of Fortress Investment Group for six years and was in charge of several assignments at Deutsche Bank’s Corporate Real Estate division for more than eight years. Mr. Schwöbel holds a degree in Business Administration and a postgraduate degree in Real Estate Economics from European Business School.