We have just released our Dream 2019 Sustainability Report and want to encourage the public to learn more about our environmental, social and governance commitments and performance. For each unique visitor to our report, we will donate $1.00 (up to a maximum of $10,000) to be allocated amongst the charities below:
- The Shoebox Project The Shoebox Project for Women, supported by Dream, collects and distributes gift-filled Shoeboxes to women impacted by homelessness in communities across Canada and the US. Each thoughtfully created and decorated Shoebox is filled with items valued at $50 that can enhance self-esteem and reduce feelings of isolation for women in need.
- Minwaashin Lodge Minwaashin Lodge based in Ottawa, provides a range of programs and services to First Nations, Inuit and Métis women and children (regardless of status) who are survivors of domestic and other forms of violence, and who may also be suffering the effects of the residential school system. All programs and services are provided in the context of cultural beliefs and values to ensure a holistic approach is used as part of the healing journey.
- Tropicana Community Services Tropicana Community Services’ mission is to offer culturally aware and supportive programs to those in need, including but not limited to counselling, settlement services, childcare, education, personal development, and employment services, with a predominant focus on the Caribbean, Black and African communities of Toronto.
- Rainbow Railroad Can you imagine living in fear of persecution, torture, or murder? Can you imagine going to jail for who you are or who you love? That is a reality for so many LGBTQI individuals around the world. Since their founding in 2006, Rainbow Railroad has helped more than 800 individuals find a path to safety to start a new life — free from persecution.
We believe sustainability isn’t an option, it’s a necessity. Therefore, it is our responsibility to work in a way that is sustainable for the environment, our employees, and our company.
When it comes to sustainability, we are focused on three areas:
Sustainability is a focus of our business strategy, in this report you will read many examples of how we are building better communities, such as:
- Initiatives that are saving energy, water and reducing landfill waste at Dream properties across the country
- Collaborative endeavours aimed at moving our entire industry forward through partnerships with organizations such as the Shoebox Project.
- Investments into sustainable projects that will strengthen and enhance the communities that we operate in and serve
We view our Sustainability Report as an opportunity to highlight our commitment to our key stakeholder groups. For investors, it means greater transparency. For tenants, it means working together to help them succeed. For employees, it means strengthening our concept of the “Dream family.” And for communities, it means building better spaces that serve the communities’ needs.
|Independent||Trust Board||Audit Committee of the Trust Board||GP Board||Audit Committee of the GP Board||Governance, Compensation & Environmental Committee|
|Michael J. Cooper||Member|
The Trust Board and GP Board believe that their committees assist in the effective functioning of the Boards and help ensure that the views of Independent Trustees & Directors* are effectively represented.
The Board have established three committees:
- Audit Committee of the Trust Board;
- Audit Committee of the GP Board; and
- Governance, Compensation and Environmental Committee.
Independent Trustee or Director
A Trustee or Director that is independent within the meaning of NI 58–101. An Independent Trustee or Director is one who is not an employee or executive officer of Dream and who is free from any direct or indirect relationship which could, in the view of the Board, be reasonably expected to interfere with independent judgment.
Read more about our Committees
The Trust is committed to sound and effective corporate governance. Our goal is to not only meet the requirements established by securities laws and regulators but to also uphold the spirit of ‘good corporate governance.’
Read more about our Charters, Policies & Declaration of Trust